Sunday, April 15, 2012

On the streets of Beijing

Downtown Beijing is filled with modern buildings.
 They had lots of ads on the walls. Some of the ads were easy to “read” since they were for companies that we have. 

 There was a big street with no cars allowed so we could walk around.  The first thing I saw was a big “Foreign Languages Bookstore”!  That’s where I wanted to go! Since I finished the book I brought with me I am looking for something to read.

The bookstore was big and had quite a few books I have already read.  Finally I found one I had not read and Pop Pop bought it.

Now it was time for dinner.  We went to a very fancy place.  They had a huge statue of Buddha.  Everyone loved the food but I didn’t see anything to eat.  Finally they brought out a bowl of chow mein, and I was happy.  


1 comment:

  1. I am always on the lookout for books when traveling too. Hope you also have your kindle! We miss you and love you! Joya

    ReplyDelete