Thursday, May 10, 2012

Kite Night


When we got back on the boat the boat’s tour leader told us to go to the top of the ship for a special surprise. We climbed the stairs to level 6, the roof.  The tour leader gave me a kite to borrow.

 
The kite was hard at first but it got easier to handle once you got the hang of it.  We put it up in the air and flew it over the boat. Since the boat was moving down the Yangtze River we had plenty of wind.

 
I thought it was a lot of fun.

 
Tonight was our last night on the boat.  We went down the hall to our room to get ready to go to a special dinner.  It was the Captain’s dinner.

 
First, when we got to the lobby all of the grownups had champagne.  I had a glass of orange juice.  We walked past the Captain and everyone clinked glasses together.

 
I had rice and soy sauce.  Everyone else had Chinese food.  Some people were getting tired of eating Chinese food every day!

After dinner we went up to our room.  I had read all of my books so a lady named Jane said I could borrow The Hunger Games from her.  It was so exciting that I read more than half of the book that day.


No comments:

Post a Comment